USC's mission is to improve the quality of vehicle repair and service through the testing and certification of repair and service professionals.
These are the rules that we follow as an ASE Master Technician.
- To perform high quality repair service at a fair and just price.
- To employ the best skilled technicians obtainable.
- To use only proven merchandise of high quality distributed by reputable firms.
- To furnish an itemized invoice for fairly priced parts and services which clearly identifies any used or remanufactured parts. Replace parts may be inspected upon request.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each individual customer.
- To recommend corrective and maintenance services, explaining to the customer which of these are required to correct existing problems and which are for preventive maintenance.
- To offer the customer a price estimate for work to be performed.
- To furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services.
- To obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing, or by other means satisfactory to the customer.
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be
- To maintain customer service records for one year or more.
- To exercise reasonable care for the customer’s property while in our possession.
- To maintain a system for fair settlement of customer’s complaints.
- To cooperate with established consumer complain mediation activities.
- To uphold the high standards of our profession and always seek to correct
any and all abuses within the automotive industry.